Griefshare is a grief recovery group that is intended for anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one, family member or friend. No matter where you are in the grieving process you will find a safe place to listen to others, ask questions and be supported.
Fenton First Presbyterian Church
Thursday’s 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Session One: Feb. 20th-Mar. 26th
Session Two: Apr 16th- May 21st.
We don’t always know the toll of our grief until we talk honestly about it. This could be your first steps toward healing and wholeness. Please see Hannah Hall for more information.
Wednesday Women’s Covenant: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course by Peter Scazzero
January 8 – February 26 from 10am – Noon in Fellowship Hall, Cost:$27 for course pack
For more information, see Tina Ritchie
The EHS Course is a serious course offered in a safe, comfortable environment that respects each person’s journey.
It asks people to:
- Leave a superficial, shallow spirituality.
- Open up their interior world so Christ can transform it.
- Develop their own personal relationship with Jesus and not live off other people’s spirituality.
- Read the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book and meet with Jesus twice a day for 8 weeks through EHS Day by Day.
Monday Evening Women’s Study: “Seamless” by Angie Smith
Meets January 6 – February 17 from 6:30 – 8pm in the Video Room
See Tina Ritchie for more information
Discover the seamless thread connecting the people, places, and promises of the Bible in a whole new way. Each week features key information that ties all of scripture together into the seamless truth of the gospel message and is accompanied by maps, general Bible facts, and word studies. In this study you will:
- Understand the Bible as a whole as you change the way you look at Scripture
- Connect with the people, places and promises of God’s Word in a fresh way
- Gain clarity and confidence in your understanding of Scripture
- Discover a biblical context that reshapes and brings to life stories from the Old and New Testaments
Financial Peace University – Wednesday evenings
January 15 – March 11 from 6-8pm in the Conference Room
Cost: $99.95 when you register through our church website HERE
Some scholarship money is available – contact the office to inquire.
For more information on the course, contact Jennifer MacLean at 810-240-2301.
Learn how to:
- Lesson 1: Build a Starter Emergency Fund and Learn How to Budget
- Lesson 2: Pay Off All Debt
- Lesson 3: Save a Fully Funded Emergency Fund
- Lesson 4: Invest for the Future and Build Wealth
- Lesson 5: Buyer Beware
- Lesson 6: The Role of Insurance
- Lesson 7: Retirement Planning
- Lesson 8: Real Estate and Mortgages
- Lesson 9: Living and Giving Like No One Else
DOWNLOAD FLYER Financial Peace Winter 2020
Wreaths Across America, Honoring Our Veterans: Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach, is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies all over the world. Please join members of our church on December 15th at 12:00pm at Holly National Cemetery, 4200 Belford Road, Holly, MI 48442. Carpool available, sign-up in Fellowship Hall. Contact Julie Grams for more information.
Financial Peace University – Wednesdays 6:00pm-7:30pm. Do you use money? Do you need money? Does handling money God’s way really work?
The average American has substantial consumer debt from mortgages to auto loans to credit cards, and would struggle to meet a $1,000 emergency expense.
The average graduate of Financial Peace University pays down $5,300 of debt within 90 days, saves $2,700 over those same 90 days, and learns techniques to gain control over their money that can last forever and can be passed down to their children.
FFPC is offering the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class beginning Wednesday, September 5 at 6PM in the Conference Room, facilitated by Elder Larry Zimbler, MST, EA, and ELP (a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider). Childcare is available. The class lasts between 1½ and 2 hours once per week until November 7th (no class on 10/24). Typically attendees bond closely with each other and learn not only from Dave Ramsey but from each other.
This class is for young professionals, newlyweds, those in debt, those not in debt yet wishing to have their money work better for them, and anyone who uses money. If you don’t need this class, I guarantee that you know someone that does. It is an investment in your/their future financial security and, if followed, is the smartest investment you can make.
Register online at http://www.fpu.com/1066799; there is a $109 cost for materials when you sign up – typically $149.
Love & Logic Workshop:
Wednesday nights, September 19th- October 24th
6:05-7:30pm in the Youth Room.
Child Care is available.
Cost: $35 per family
Coached by trained facilitator Tina Ritchie, in a fun video and discussion based format, learn how to:
1. Neutralize arguments
2. Delay consequences
3. Show empathy instead of sympathy – see excerpt below
4. Share control
5. Set limits with enforceable statements
6. Guide kids and other people in your life to own and solve their own problems
Those who have already completed the course may re-take it for free!Fall Workshops
FLU SHOT CLINIC
Flu Shots will be available on Sunday September 23rd after the 11 o’clock service. These are cover by Medicare and most insurance’s. Please call the office for more information.
We are excited to host The Story Ballet in our sanctuary Saturday, April 15 at 2pm! Join us for this inspiring story of Christ performed by youth and young adults associated with Visions in Motion dance studio.