Mission Outreach at First Presbyterian Church
The Mission and Stewardship committee promotes putting our faith into action by serving God’s world in various “hands-on” mission activities as well as interpreting financial needs of our church, community, nation and world.
Upcoming Mission Outreach Opportunities:
December 17,19 – Family Promise
Our church will again be assisting the Flushing Presbyterian Church in hosting homeless families. We “host” for two days by supplying dinner, social time in the evening, supervising the overnight, and assisting the families with breakfast in the morning. If you can serve in any of these ways, please sign up in fellowship hall. If you have any questions, please ask Dave Eshleman.
January 12 – North End Soup Kitchen
Volunteers from our church will be preparing and serving the lunch meal at the North End Soup Kitchen on Saturday, January 12. We will carpool from our church at 8:30 am and return by 1:30 pm. If you would like to join the group, please sign up in fellowship hall. If you have any questions, please ask Ken Wensel.
Local Mission Outreach each month
Each month, our church organizes at least one mission outreach opportunity for us to serve God’s world and make our faith “real” to us and our community. We encourage members and visitors to consider each opportunity to see if God is calling you to join in this work. We use our time, talent and treasure (local mission budget money) in these local mission outreach areas. Below this listing are some recent mission “posts” or articles on these outreach ministries as well as some pictures.
- Family Promise (helping homeless become independent again)
- Adopt-a-Pet (finding loving homes for cats and dogs)
- Shelter of Flint (serving the homeless)
- North End Soup Kitchen (providing hot meals to families with low or no income)
- Christmas In Action (providing home repairs to seniors)
- Blood Drives (Red Cross collecting blood)
- Habitat for Humanity (providing homes for low-income families)
- CROP Walk (providing food today and tomorrow worldwide)
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan (providing food to the hungry in 22 counties of Michigan)
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing (meeting human needs in the name of Jesus Christ without discrimination)