Mission Outreach at First Presbyterian Church
The Mission and Stewardship committee promotes putting our faith into action by serving God’s world in various “hands-on” mission activities as well as interpreting financial needs of our church, community, nation and world.
Upcoming Mission Outreach Opportunities:
March 22 – World of Wonder/Delivering Hope
Our church will be assisting Delivering Hope on Sunday, March 22, from 2-4 pm. Delivering Hope is a 501c non-profit that provides: (1) weekend food assistance for 150 kids during the school year, (2) books to student and (3) school supplies to students in need along with backpacks. Please talk with Tony Grams if you would like to join our group of volunteers or if you have any questions.
April 25 – Christmas In Action
Our church will again be assisting the Christmas In Action effort in our communities of Fenton, Fenton Township, Linden and Argentine. Each year this group performs significant home maintenance on several senior citizen/handicapped resident’s homes. Our volunteers will work on one of those homes that we select. If you would like to join our group, please sign up in fellowship hall. If you have any questions, please ask Bill Black. Bill will notify those who sign up where the home is that we will work on. We will start around 8 am and finish around 5 pm. A simple breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served to us. You can come for the whole day or the portion you can make.
May 18,20 – Family Promise
Our church will again be assisting the Flushing Presbyterian Church in hosting homeless families. We “host” for two days by supplying dinner, social time in the evening, supervising the overnight, and assisting the families with breakfast in the morning. If you can serve in any of these ways, please sign up in fellowship hall. If you have any questions, please ask Dave Eshleman.
Local Mission Outreach each month
Each month, our church organizes at least one mission outreach opportunity for us to serve God’s world and make our faith “real” to us and our community. We encourage members and visitors to consider each opportunity to see if God is calling you to join in this work. We use our time, talent and treasure (local mission budget money) in these local mission outreach areas. Below this listing are some recent mission “posts” or articles on these outreach ministries as well as some pictures.
- Family Promise (helping homeless become independent again)
- Adopt-a-Pet (finding loving homes for cats and dogs)
- Shelter of Flint (serving the homeless)
- North End Soup Kitchen (providing hot meals to families with low or no income)
- Christmas In Action (providing home repairs to seniors)
- Blood Drives (Red Cross collecting blood)
- Habitat for Humanity (providing homes for low-income families)
- CROP Walk (providing food today and tomorrow worldwide)
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan (providing food to the hungry in 22 counties of Michigan)
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing (meeting human needs in the name of Jesus Christ without discrimination)