The Christian Education committee promotes education of children to adults to help better understand God’s amazing love for all of us in spite of our failings. Through discussion and study, we pray that we will all learn to live in relationship and accept God’s grace.
As a community of Christian faith, First Presbyterian Church – Fenton is committed to creating and maintaining programs, facilities and a community in which our congregation, staff, friends and volunteers nurture good conduct as demonstrated by personal behaviors that are consistent with our Christian values. To view our complete policy, click on the link above.
Nursery care is provided for children up to 2 years of age on Sunday mornings, birth through preschool during Wednesday evening programs, and upon request for other programs. Beginning faith formation is offered through simple prayer, song and Bible stories. At the age of three, children are transitioned into our preschool program with input from parents, and support from the Nursery Care Provider and Education Director.
Gospel Project Sunday School
This new curriculum for children birth through 12th grade teaches that the Bible is a unified story of God’s saving grace. Because the Bible is one story, children learn how every passage of Scripture points us to the gospel, learning who Jesus is, and reminds us of God’s redeeming work. Students spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments, learning the key distinction of each and how they fit together.
During 9am and 11am worship, preschool children may attend worship through the “time with children,” and then head downstairs to the preschool room for Sunday school. parent are asked to pick their child up from class.
Sunday school for children kindergarten through 5th grade takes place during the 11 a.m. worship service after the “time with children.” After worship, the children are brought to parents in Fellowship Hall by 12:15.
Jr/Sr High Bible Study
Middle and High Schoolers have Bible study during a portion of Sunday evening youth group. Our new Gospel Project curriculum helps students understand what they believe, and why and how the gospel transforms the way they think, feel, and live every day. Each session shows students how all Scripture points to Christ.
6-12 graders are also invited to take part in the adult Sunday morning Bible study that meets from 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. This is a wonderful opportunity for parents and youth to learn together!
Confirmation classes are offered during the school year for all youth in sixth grade and above who have not yet been confirmed. This course helps students develop a Christian worldview, discovering who they are as a disciple of Christ, and how to live that out. In this way they will be prepared to become an active and integral church member. More information can be found under the Youth Group tab.
Mission Statement: “To provide vibrant adult study opportunities that inspire and encourage faithful daily living.”
- Sunday morning Bible study takes place during the school year from 10-10:45 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Adults and older youth are invited to take part and newcomers are always welcome. Please check the calendar for current class dates.
- Prayer Ministry meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month from 10-11a.m. in the Sanctuary. This group encourages prayerfulness throughout our congregation, seeking to build our life together on a foundation of prayer. We seek to be open to God’s presence and God’s sense of direction and empowerment. See David Eshleman for more information.
- Monday evening Women’s Group meets from 6:30-8:30pm here at church and is led by Pastor Lindsey. Please check the calendar for current class dates and topic.
- Tuesday morning Bible Study meets at 11 a.m. in the Conference Room from September – May and is led by Pastors Lindsey. Current topic is the New Testament portion of the CASKET EMPTY Bible series.
- Wednesday morning Women’s Group meets 10am – Noon in Fellowship Hall. Facilitated by Tina Ritchie, class dates and topic are on the calendar.
- Wednesday evenings join us for Love & Logic Jan 9 – Feb 13 from 6 – 7:45pm in the Youth Room.
- Men’s Group joins Pastor Robbie at 8 a.m. the 1st Saturday of the month at a local restaurant for fellowship and prayer. All men are welcome; please provide Pastor Robbie with your email so that you can receive handy reminders.
Study books are available for purchase though the church office or during class time.
Childcare is offered for all adult education classes as needed. Please see Tina Ritchie or call the church office to make a request.
Lenten Simple Meals
This 5-week adult education program takes place on Wednesday evenings during Lent. Beginning at 5:45p.m. we share a simple meal of soup and salad. Worship and discussion is from 6:30-7:30.
Below is a short slide show presentation of some education experiences. For updated examples, please click on the “Education” posting category on the left of the website pages.