The Christian Education committee promotes education of children to adults to help better understand God’s amazing love for all of us in spite of our failings. Through discussion and study, we pray that we will all learn to live in relationship and accept God’s grace.
As a community of Christian faith, First Presbyterian Church – Fenton is committed to creating and maintaining programs, facilities and a community in which our congregation, staff, friends and volunteers nurture good conduct as demonstrated by personal behaviors that are consistent with our Christian values. To view our complete policy, click on the link above.
Nursery care is provided for children up to 2 years of age on Sunday mornings, birth through preschool during Wednesday evening programs, and upon request for other programs. Beginning faith formation is offered through simple prayer, song and Bible stories. At the age of three, children are transitioned into our preschool program with input from parents, and support from the Nursery Care Provider and Education Director.
Gospel Project Sunday School
This new curriculum for children birth through 5th grade teaches that the Bible is a unified story of God’s saving grace. Because the Bible is one story, children learn how every passage of Scripture points us to the gospel, learning who Jesus is, and reminds us of God’s redeeming work. Students spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments, learning the key distinction of each and how they fit together.
During 9am and 11am worship, preschool children may attend worship through the “time with children,” and then head downstairs to the preschool room for Sunday school. parent are asked to pick their child up from class.
Sunday school for children kindergarten through 5th grade takes place during the 11 a.m. worship service after the “time with children.” After worship, the children are brought to parents in Fellowship Hall by 12:15.
Jr/Sr High Youth Group
Confirmation classes are offered during the school year for all youth in sixth grade and above who have not yet been confirmed. This course helps students develop a Christian worldview, discovering who they are as a disciple of Christ, and how to live that out. In this way they will be prepared to become an active and integral church member. More information can be found under the Youth Group tab.
Mission Statement: “To provide vibrant adult study opportunities that inspire and encourage faithful daily living.”
Please check the calendar for current dates and topics.
- Sunday Evening Bible Study meets from 5-6pm. Led by Elder Larry Zimbler, this discussion group meets in the conference room of his business 4square Tax in Fenton.
- Monday evening Women’s Group meets 6:30-8pm in the video room and is Facilitated by Tina Ritchie.
- Tuesday morning Bible Study meets at 11 a.m. in the Conference Room from September – May and is led by Pastors Lindsey.
- Wednesday morning Women’s Group meets 10am – Noon in Fellowship Hall and is facilitated by Tina Ritchie.
- Wednesday Night Classes: Check the calendar for current course dates
- Parenting the Love & Logic Way, led by trainer Tina Ritchie
- Financial Peace University, led by Jennifer MacLean
- Men’s Group join Pastor Robbie at 8 a.m. the 1st Saturday of each month at Shirley’s restaurant in Linden for discussion and fellowship. .
Study books are available for purchase though the church office or during class time.
Childcare is offered for all adult education classes as needed. Please see Tina Ritchie or call the church office to make a request.
Lenten Simple Meals
This 5-week adult education program takes place on Wednesday evenings during Lent. Beginning at 5:45p.m. we share a simple meal of soup and salad. Worship and discussion is from 6:30-7:30.
Below is a short slide show presentation of some education experiences. For updated examples, please click on the “Education” posting category on the left of the website pages.