The Deacon’s scholarship is a $500 scholarship offered by the Board of Deacons to members of the congregation. To be eligible, an applicant must be a high school graduate or graduating senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 seeking an advanced education at college or trade school. The form may be downloaded by clicking this link: FFPC New Deacon Scholarship Form The scholarship applications are due to the church office by May 10, 2015.
The following requirements and materials are needed to apply for a Deacons Scholarship, approved by the Board of Deacons in 2014:
- Member of First Presbyterian Church of Fenton
- Applicant is a graduating senior or a post graduate seeking advanced education (college, trade school, etc.)
- Applicant has a cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Complete the following
The following information must be typed and attached to this signed application.
- List your involvements at school, at church and in the community that best describe your awareness of the needs of others; attach two letters one from your school and one from a community or church individual regarding the involvement
- Write an essay of 300 words or less describing a situation when you desired to provide assistance to someone in need that had conflicted with what your peers wanted you to do
- State any other information you feel should be acknowledged
- Attach an academic transcript of your GPA