Mission Outreach at First Presbyterian Church
The Mission and Stewardship committee promotes putting our faith into action by serving God’s world in various “hands-on” mission activities as well as interpreting financial needs of our church, community, nation and world.
Upcoming Mission Outreach Opportunities:
April 10,12 – Family Promise
Our church will again be assisting the Flushing Presbyterian Church in hosting up to 5 homeless families. Our volunteers will assist on Monday, April 10 for dinner through breakfast on April 11 as well as on Wednesday, April 12 for dinner through breakfast on April 13. You can sign up for various roles in fellowship hall. Ask Dave Eshleman if you have any questions.
April 29 – Christmas In Action
Our church will again be working with the local Christmas In Action organization to repair local senior’s homes on Saturday, April 29. You can sign up to serve with our volunteers in fellowship hall. Ask Bill or Nikki Black if you have any questions.
June 3 – Red Cross Blood Drive
Our church will again be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive in fellowship hall on Saturday, June 3. In addition to donating blood, volunteers are needed to welcome donors, supply the cookies and host the donors at the tables. You can sign up to serve in fellowship hall. Ask Sherry Hunt or Jo Beardslee if you have any questions.
Local Mission Outreach each month
Each month, our church organizes at least one mission outreach opportunity for us to serve God’s world and make our faith “real” to us and our community. We encourage members and visitors to consider each opportunity to see if God is calling you to join in this work. We use our time, talent and treasure (local mission budget money) in these local mission outreach areas. Below this listing are some recent mission “posts” or articles on these outreach ministries as well as some pictures.
- Family Promise (helping homeless become independent again)
- Adopt-a-Pet (finding loving homes for cats and dogs)
- Shelter of Flint (serving the homeless)
- North End Soup Kitchen (providing hot meals to families with low or no income)
- Christmas In Action (providing home repairs to seniors)
- Blood Drives (Red Cross collecting blood)
- Read & Feed (jump-starting the fall learning experience for elementary students)
- Habitat for Humanity (providing homes for low-income families)
- CROP Walk (providing food today and tomorrow worldwide)
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan (providing food to the hungry in 22 counties of Michigan)
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing (meeting human needs in the name of Jesus Christ without discrimination)