The Christian Education committee promotes education of children to adults to help better understand God’s amazing love for all of us in spite of our failings. Through discussion and study, we pray that we will all learn to live in relationship and accept God’s grace.
Nursery care is provided for children up to 2 years of age on Sunday mornings, birth through preschool during Wednesday evening programs, and upon request for other programs. At the age of three, the children are transitioned into the Sunday morning Carpenter’s Corner preschool program with input from parents, and support from the Nursery Care Provider and Education Director.
This Sunday school program is for children in preschool through 5th grade and takes place during the 11 a.m. worship service. Lessons are based on the rotation model and include various modalities such as drama, video, computer, art, games, science, cooking, and music. Preschool curriculum is aligned with the elementary aged children and uses a mini rotation model within their classroom. Children leave for class after the children’s message during worship service each Sunday. Current rotation information can be found in recent postings.
For summer worship, the children meet in a combined classroom setting after the children’s message during the 10 a.m. service.
This class meets at 10 a.m. each Sunday during the school year in the Drama/Music Room. Led by high school youth, all children in K-5th grade are invited for energizers, fellowship, praise songs and lessons that follow the lectionary readings. This gives the children an understanding of the day’s worship theme, and assists their comprehension of stories presented in worship. Younger children can be left in the nursery/preschool room during the 10 a.m. education hour.
Confirmation classes are offered during the school year for all youth in sixth grade and above who have not yet been confirmed. This course helps students develop a Christian worldview, discovering who they are as a disciple of Christ, and how to live that out. In this way they will be prepared to become an active and integral church member. More information can be found under the Youth Group tab.
Jr/Sr High Bible Study
Youth 6-12 grade not enrolled in confirmation class are invited to take part in an inter-generational study that meets at 10 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Bible based discussions also take place during the first part of most youth group meetings. Please see the Youth Group tab for more information.
Mission Statement: “To provide vibrant adult study opportunities that inspire and encourage faithful daily living.”
- Sunday morning Bible study takes place during the school year from 10-10:45 a.m. in the Conference Room. Adults and older youth are invited to take part and newcomers are always welcome.
- Monday mornings please join us for our first Summer School of Prayer from 10-11:15am in the Prayer Center June 5th-26th and July 10th-31st. Learn how to pray more effectively and hopefully for our world, her people and her leaders. Discussion is led by our Pastors, retired clergy, and laity. After discussion we explore personal practices through corporate prayer, music and other mediums. Adults and youth are most welcome to participate. See David Eshleman for more information.
- Monday evening Women’s Covenant Group will resume in September meetings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Conference Room. Dates and topic TBD.
- Tuesday morning Bible Study Covenant Group meets at 11 a.m. in the Conference Room from September – May and is led by Pastors Lindsey and Robbie Carnes. Newcomers welcome!
- Wednesday morning Women’s Covenant Group is currently reading Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge. New attendees are welcome to join the group. Coordinated by Jennifer MacLean, meetings take place in a members home from 10 a.m. – noon; dates can be found on our website calendar. For more information, please call the office.
- Thursday evening adult Bible study: Join us in the Youth Room June 1 – 29 and August 3 -31 from 6-7:30pm to discuss the Twelve Prophets Vol. 1 from the Daily Study Bible Series. Coordinated by Tina Ritchie, discussion is facilitated by members of the group.
- 2 Men’s Covenant Groups: Intended for men who are working and have families, join Pastor Robbie at 8 a.m. the 1st Saturday of the month at a local restaurant and 6 p.m. the 3rd Sunday of the month at a member’s home. This group meets for fellowship, prayer, reflection and support for spiritual growth and to enrich daily living. See Pastor Robbie for current meeting places and to get on the email list. The retired men’s group break for the summer and resume in the fall. This group generally reads and discusses a Please contact David Eshleman for more information.
Depending on the study, adults may purchase a book for $10-$15 donation though the church office, or during class time.
Childcare is offered for all adult education classes as needed. Please see Tina Ritchie or call the church office to make a request.
This 5-week adult education program takes place on Sunday evenings during Lent in collaboration with our neighbors at St. Jude’s Episcopal Church.
Below is a short slide show presentation of some education experiences. For updated examples, please click on the “Education” posting category on the left of the website pages.