Growing in Service to Jesus Christ
We welcome you to our church home dedicated to the glory and praise of God, and invite you to worship with us regularly. If you know of anyone in need of Pastoral care, please make our Pastors aware of that need. We hope that you will be blessed by joining us in worship, education, fellowship and service. We have been witnessing to Jesus Christ for over 175 years in downtown Fenton.
Lent is a period of 40 days – not counting Sundays – from Ash Wednesday until Easter. Some denominations believe fasting, moderation and self-denial should be practiced during Lent. But we believe it is more appropriate to do something that will help us prepare for Easter and Christ dying for our sins. Please consider joining us at one or more of the following times to prepare for Easter!
- Ash Wednesday service is February 14 at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday evenings, February 21 – March 21: simple meal of soup and salad beginning at 5:45 pm followed by a discussion of Walter Brueggermann’s book Praying the Psalms at 6:30 pm, and then a vespers service
- Palm Sunday services are March 25 at 9:00 am (traditional service) and 11:00 am (Gospel/Jazz service)
- Seder Meal on Tuesday, March 27, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Maundy Thursday Tenebrae Service, March 29, 7 pm
- Good Friday service on March 30, 12:00 pm at the Fenton United Methodist Church
- Easter Sunday services are April 1 at 9:00 am and 11:00 am