Tuesday Bible Study: A discussion on The Magnificent Journey: Living Deep in the Kingdom by James Bryan Smith will begin in September. There is a road to life in the unshakeable kingdom of God, but it’s not an easy journey. In this book James Bryan Smith shows us the better road, the road less traveled, but the road full of riches. Along the way he introduces us to new spiritual practices that will provide the sustenance we need for the deepest, most joy-filled journey of our lives – the journey into the heart of God. Classes will meet in the Conference Room from 11:00-12:15.
Committee meets the 1st Tuesday of every month in the Conference Room
This Committee meets the 1st Tuesday of every month in the Youth Room
This group meets every Tuesday in the Art Room from 7-8pm during the school year.
Wednesday Women’s Covenant: UNGLUED by Lysa TerKeurst
September 18 – October 23
10am – Noon in Fellowship Hall
Cost: $19 for Participant book and study guide
In this Bible study participants learn how to process emotions and resolve conflicts in ways that lead to a much more peaceful life. Lysa admits that she, like most women, has experiences where others bump into her “happy” causing her to come emotionally unglued. What do we often do with our raw emotions? We stuff, we explode, or react somewhere in between. Is it really possible to make emotions work for us instead of against us? Lysa’s answer is yes, and in her usual inspiring and practical way, she shows you how.
Filled with gut-honest personal examples and Biblical teaching, Unglued will equip you to know with confidence how to:
- Resolve conflict in your important relationships
- Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be honest but kind when offended
- Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly improve your communication
- Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff, explode or react somewhere in between
- And how to gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control without acting out of control
Contact Tina for more information at email@example.com
Financial Peace University
September 18 – November 13 from 6-8pm in the Conference Room
Cost: $130 Register online at www.ffpc.org
Led by Jennifer MacLean learn how to:
- Lesson 1:Build a Starter Emergency Fund and Learn How to Budget
- Lesson 2:Pay Off All Debt
- Lesson 3:Save a Fully Funded Emergency Fund
- Lesson 4:Invest for the Future and Build Wealth
- Lesson 5:Buyer Beware
- Lesson 6:The Role of Insurance
- Lesson 7:Retirement Planning
- Lesson 8:Real Estate and Mortgages
- Lesson 9:Living and Giving Like No One Else
For more information, contact Jennifer at 810-240-2301.
Child Care Provided
Parenting the Love & Logic Way
September 18 – October 23
6-7:45pm in the Youth Room
$35/Family for materials – free for returning families
Not just for use with kids, you’ll learn 2 rules that are effective in all relationships!
- How to set firm limits in loving ways without anger, lectures, threats or repeated warnings.
- When others cause problems or misbehave, you hand these problems back in loving ways.
Led by Tina Ritchie, topics covered are:
- Session 1:Putting an End to Arguing, Back Talk, and Begging
- Session 2:Teaching Responsibility Without Losing Their Love
- Session 3:Setting limits Without Waging War
- Session 4:Avoiding Power-Struggles
- Session 5:Guiding Kids to Own and Solve Their Problems
- Session 6:Teaching Kids to Complete Chores… Without Reminders and Without Pay
Register in Fellowship Hall or call the office today!