The Moses/Exodus rotation for preschool – 5th grade runs October 23 through November 27.
The rotation objective is to bring understanding to children about the part God played in the story of Moses and the Exodus in the history of His people. Knowing how God is committed to His people, we are then able to find and build on our own faith, certain that God is with us always. Important ideas children will learn are:
- God called Moses and gave him the power he needed.
- Moses and Aaron were messengers of God.
- Moses told Pharaoh to “Let my people go!”
- Moses proved God’s power through the sending of the plagues.
- The people left Egypt in the Exodus.
- The miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
What God did for Moses and his people, God can do for us; even if something seems too big, like the parting of the sea.
Memory verse: Exodus 3:4 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.'”
Don’t forget to ask your children what they are learning in Carpenter’s Corner. It’s a great way to talk together about our faith!